Friday, March 16, 2012

My, how times have changed.

As times passes and Chloe grows big and strong, I have come to realize things about myself and my new life that CRACK ME UP. The differences between life now and then are absolutely absurd. Do not fret, I have not lost my stupid, five-year old sense of humor. I have merely gained a mommy humor. For example...

what i used to think was funny...

what i now think is funny...
(isn't that just hilarious? she eats her hand and lifts her dress! hilarious)

what i used to do with my spare time...

what i now do in my spare time...
(who doesn't dress their child up in jewelry and take pointless pictures when they get home from work?)

what i used to think was peaceful...

what i now know is peaceful...

the ones that i used to photograph constantly...(sorry, fur babies)...

the one that now can't go a day without a picture taken...

also, back in the day of zeta tau alpha, we used to play a game called "i never"... well, i'd like to amend that game just a bit completely. if you've played the game, god bless you. if you haven't, you're probably a better person than I am.

1. i never think its a good day if, on the first try, i pick out a shirt to wear that doesnt have spit up on it.

2. i never talk baby talk to adults on accident.

3. i never get insanely excited about chloe having a bowel movement. (i also never fist pump when its a really good one after not going for two days.)

4. i never sing random songs in baby voice and make up words to rhyme with 'chloe'. what?????? bedoe, manohoe, and funohoe aren't words? i think you're wrong.

5. i never pass up anthro, ann taylor and nordstrom to head straight to baby gap.

6. i never get excited when i get to sleep until 7 am.

7. i never turn down my favorite song to hear the little neon lion hanging from her car seat play a stupid tune that i have now memorized.

8. i never plan my daughter's first birthday in march.

9. i have never been excited to get home early so i can organize diapers in the new container i bought.

you get the picture.. life has changed. and with any change, there are moments that seem more stressful than they have ever been. but with this particular chloe change, all i can do is say... Thank you, God.

peace, erin

*disclaimer: no alcohol was consumed during the creation of this "I never" list.*

1 comment:

  1. I never ate just as much or more baby food/snacks than my boys because it was actually good. :)

    ReplyDelete