Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To cool to be forgotten, Hey, Hey...

So as I sit here typing, Chloe is making sure I don't forget her. That's also a line from a Lucinda Williams song (for those cool kids out there), so I thought I'd be cute and make it work as a title for this post about music. My stomach is thumping away and I couldn't be happier. I posted yesterday on facebook that I thought we had a wild one on our hands... and I just might be right.

I was a bit confused with the first few thumps that I felt, for two reasons. One, I would assume it's still a bit 'early' for anything more than a little flutter. I'm almost 22 weeks, but still. Online, they tell you that between 16-22 weeks, you should start feeling your little one. BUT, when we went for our 20 week ultrasound, they informed me that I had an anterior placenta, which is FINE, but does indicate that it may be difficult to feel the baby as early as others. So, while I was bummed, it did make sense to me b/c I had only had a few minor 'encounters' with my sweet baby girl.

Until yesterday...

Perhaps I had a bit too much sugar (very possible) or perhaps she just likes to obey her mother and move upon demand (less possible), but Chloe Diane is a mover and a shaker!!! It was almost humorous that for about five hours my stomach was a battleground. At times, it was hard for me to remain serious during sessions. It's so addicting (although at times, it feels like I have severe gas... you get the picture.. it's a funny feeling :)

And she's GROWING! If my stomach is any indicator of her size, she's on her way to being a BIG baby. We were slightly ahead in weight at 20 weeks (12 oz.) and my tummy is rounding out quite nicely. Pretty excited. It's nice to just be pregnant!! instead of pregnant??? The difference between an early pregnant belly and a beer belly is only a week's difference.

So... yay for Chloe. My growing, beautiful (I know she is) and active little girl is already making me proud. Andrew and I write to her all the time in a journal that we'll share with her when she's older. We write things we want her to know, things we think and to document big milestones during the pregnancy. We think its pretty fun, if nothing else. And we're hoping that with time, these notes will help her grow to be the coolest little girl in the world. I know what you're thinking.. with parents like us, OF COURSE SHE'LL BE COOL.

Here are my contributions to her coolness so far: we danced together to Lauryn Hill a few days ago (maybe that's why she's moving around, BUT still.. its hard not to love a little Lauryn); we sing in the car (note to self: she DOES seem to mind my voice); and we talk about important things to know ALL day. If she's really our child, she's taking notes.

Chloe REALLY likes music. I try to start out the day by singing a little "sweet, sweet baby" by michelle featherstone. its been one of the songs i've listened to ever since we started fertility treatments. I find it to be incredibly peaceful and it served as a great song for me to listen to when i needed calming (which is most of the day). listen to it if you get the chance, its pretty and fit perfectly into our lives early in the pregnancy.

Chloe's song (or at least our song to Chloe) is Joey by Concrete Blonde. We've sung this song (NO LIE) to HER for the past three years. Andrew heard it on my ipod while vacationing in Chicago three years ago. Since then, we've sung to our Chloe. While you may be thinking, 'what cruddy parents, this song is NOT for children and its not something I want my children thinking i dedicated to them'....you might be right, but honestly, every child needs to know Concrete Blonde. I mean... seriously, if we're going for COOLEST, we've got to go all the way. Plus, Joey rhymes with Chloe and seriously- how easy is that??
The first line goes like this...

"Chloe, baby.. mamma loves you like crazy."

Aaaand, that's all we got. Impressed? We'll work on the rest before she comes. For now, she loves the first line.

And lastly, she likes to dance around the womb to 'Get out the map" by the Indigo Girls. Andrew and I always dance to this and clap our hands for the pups because they love this song (I'm sorta lying and sorta not.. I THINK they like it.) They always run around like crazy when its on and so we assumed it was only right to include Chloe in this tradition as well. But honestly, she likes anything from the Indigo Girls and who can blame her, really.

So for now, we work on fine tuning her ear for good music. Some might think that she's got enough going on. you might be thinking, "let's just let her do her thing and cook for the next five months before we ram our own musical opinion down her throat." and that's a thought. and probably good advice for a 'normal' child. but our child is a multi-tasker. our child is a rockstar. our child kicks non-stop at 22 weeks.

I mean, honestly, could YOUR child put their feet above their head at 15 weeks?
pshhh. probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment